Finally, the temperatures are rising and so are those feelings of spring wanderlust. Whether you’re looking for inspiration for your next trip, or want to escape your everyday with a transporting little daydream, you don't want to miss the beauties on our list of the world's coolest hotel pools. Click the arrows above to scroll through the slideshow.
1. Set on two islands between the Indian Ocean and Arabian sea, it’s hard to tell where the pool ends and ocean begins at the serene Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, a picture perfect getaway in the South Ari Atoll. Photo courtesy Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
2. If you prefer a more urban landscape, head to the rooftop of the Grand Hotel Central for a decidedly contemporary dip amidst Barcelona's sweeping panorama of Gothic landmarks, like the 14th century Basílica Santa Maria del Mar. Photo courtesy Grand Hotel Central Barcelona
3. White-washed villas perched above the caldera provide a stark contrast to the infinite shades of blue emerging from the pool, Aegean sea, and sky at the Katikies Hotel in Santorini. The landscape here remains much the same as it was for the ancient Greeks, minus a speedboat here and there, and the odd street light from distant skylines. Photo courtesy Katikies Hotel
4. Named for the cocoa groves surrounding its 18 dark-wood-and-white lodges, St. Lucia’s Hotel Chocolat Boucan features a 50 ft. infinity pool with unobstructed views of the nearby Petit Piton Mountain, one of the Caribbean’s most treasured UNESCO World Heritage sites. Photo courtesy Hotel Chocolat
5. Looking at it you’d never know the French Riviera’s Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc started out as a winter retreat. It’s hard to imagine, but it wasn’t until 1914 that hotelier Antoine Sella threw dynamite into the basalt rock cliffs above in the Cap d’Antibes to carve out the hotel’s now iconic pool. Photo courtesy Jean-Michel Sordello
6. Set in a former 17th century monastery between Positano and Amalfi, Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa's 20 elegantly designed rooms are second only to the boutique property's free-form pool, which sits on the edge of a terraced cliffside, surrounded by meticulously landscaped gardens. Photo courtesy Monastero Santa Rosa
7. This private watering hole resides at the Saxon Hotel, Villas & Spa, on a tree-lined street in the heart of Johannesburg—a must stop on either side of a South African safari. Photo courtesy Saxon Hotel, Villas & Spa
8. Surrounded by miles of ocher sand dunes, Qasr Al Sarab Resort by Anantara is a true oasis in Abu Dhabi’s Liwa desert. Pro tip: head out to the pool deck after dark to see billions of stars illuminating the dark desert sky. Photo courtesy Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas
9. A dip in the InterContinental Hong Kong’s Presidential Suite infinity pool comes with a hefty price tag, but those views overlooking bustling Victoria Harbour? Priceless. Photo courtesy InterContinental Hong Kong
10. Why go to the beach at Ipanema when you can sit at a serene infinity pool eight stories above it? Grab a lounge chair and a caipirinha from the bar at the Fasano Rio de Janeiro, and camp out until dusk to watch the sun set behind Corcovado and the Two Brothers peaks. Photo courtesy Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
Getting ready to leave town? Stop by our Essential Resort Packing page, and browse our brand new collection spring travel goodies.